Gold Buckle Club Membership Policy
Each Gold Buckle Club (GBC) membership will include a spouse or a guest, both of which are entitled to all club privileges and events. Each new GBC Member will receive one custom designed and individually numbered silver belt buckle and one custom designed silver necklace. Rodeo tickets are not included in the membership. However, you will have the right to purchase two tickets for each night of the rodeo in the GBC seating area. The specifics about tickets are discussed later in these policies.
Memberships are for individuals only. No corporate or company may be designated as a member. Membership cannot be resold and its privileges are exclusive to the specific member and are non transferable. Each membership may be passed to a direct family member in cases of death.
Each membership will be assigned a number. While current practice for (GBC) WYO Rodeo seating is “first come first serve”, in the future, your number may be used for determination of seating assignments with lowest number receiving priority. A change in this practice will be at the sole discretion of the GBC Advisory Board. Any involvement in purchase of tickets for current or future seating assignments and the costs associated with such shall not be mandatory.
In divorce cases the Sheridan WYO Rodeo Board of Directors must have a letter signed by BOTH parties stating the name under which the membership is to be held. If no letter is forthcoming by the payment due date, the GBC Advisory Board reserves the right to cancel the membership, or hold the membership for one year by payment of a $250 charge by either party.
Only 250 active memberships will be allowed. As openings occur, applications will be processed on a first come first serve basis.
Current membership initial dues are $2,000.00 and subsequent dues are $1,000.00 annually. These fees are subject to change at the sole discretion of the GBC Advisory Board. These changes will be posted on the GBC website.
The following policies have been adopted regarding membership status and the payment of membership dues:
1. Annual Membership Dues – Annual dues will be invoiced four times per year. Members will receive an invoice during the first month of the quarter in which membership began. For example, if a member paid initiation fees in August of a given year, the member will be invoiced for annual dues in July. If a member receives his/her dues invoice in the incorrect quarter contact the WYO Rodeo Treasurer immediately to be placed in the proper quarter for invoicing. Dues must be current before a change is made in the billing quarter.
2. Payment of Membership Dues – In order to be a member in good standing all dues must be paid during the quarter in which the member is invoiced. If dues are not paid in accordance with this policy, the member will lose his/her privileges and will be denied admission to the next Gold Buckle Event. In the event there are extenuating circumstances that cause a member to be tardy with payment, the member can contact the Sheridan WYO Rodeo Treasurer to request a variance from this policy. Each member’s situation will be taken under advisement and a fair, consistent, and expedient decision will be made with regard to that member. Membership privileges will remain in force until the member receives direction from the Treasurer concerning his/her situation. In the event a member’s dues are 180 days past due and he/she has not contacted the WYO Rodeo Treasurer, the member’s Gold Buckle Club privileges will be terminated immediately.
3. Termination of a Membership due to non-payment of dues. – In the event a membership is terminated as the result of non-payment of annual membership dues, the member’s privileges will cease immediately. That member may re-enter the club at a future date. Should that individual decide to re-enter the club, he or she will be placed at the end of the waiting list. When that person comes to the top of the list, he/she may be reinstated with the member’s original buckle number. In order to regain membership the individual must pay the full initiation membership dues in effect at the time of re-entry.
4. Self Termination of a Membership in Good Standing – In the event a member chooses to drop out of the club, his/her privileges will cease immediately. Should that individual decide to re-enter the club at some point in the future, he or she will be placed at the end of the waiting list. When that member comes to the top of the list, he or she may be reinstated with the member’s original buckle number. In order to regain membership the individual must pay the current year’s dues in full.
5. Inactive Status. A member may choose “Inactive Status” for one year. For a fee of $250.00 he or she will be able to maintain his/her membership during the year of Inactive status. However, during that year the member is not allowed membership privileges. The member may reinstate his/her membership the following year by paying the current’ year’s dues in full. Inactive status is only available for one year. If the membership is not reinstated the following year, the membership will be terminated for non-payment of dues. In that event, the member must relinquish his/her membership spot in the club and will be placed at the bottom of the waiting list. When that person comes to the top of the waiting list he/she may be reinstated with the member’s original number. In order to regain membership the individual must pay the full initiation membership dues in effect at the time of re-entry.
Rodeo Tickets – These policies relate only to seating in the GBC seats. Each year members will be provided a window of opportunity to purchase two season tickets to the WYO Rodeo. The window will remain open giving every member the opportunity to purchase these tickets. When ample time has been provided for all members to purchase these tickets, the window of opportunity will close. At that point all GBC seating will be open to all members to purchase additional season tickets. The purchase of tickets is limited to season tickets. Tickets will not be sold for individual Rodeo performances. Ticket sales will remain open until all GBC seating is sold out.
Event Guests – Guests are permitted at some, but not all GBC functions. This rule is subject to change at the discretion of the Advisory Board. If guests are permitted, the number of guests is limited to two per membership. A guest fee will be charged, and is subject to change at the discretion of the Advisory Board. Fees will be posted on the GBC website. As of this publication, the current guest fee for rodeo nights is $75 per person per night.
The Directors of the Sheridan WYO Rodeo, Inc. will determine all terms of membership, rules, and policies for the GBC, any and all of which are subject to change. Conduct by a member or guest that is deemed to be detrimental to the overall well being of the Sheridan WYO Rodeo may result in loss of membership.
The Sheridan WYO Rodeo Board of Directors and the Advisory Board of the Gold Buckle Club requests your complete cooperation in abiding by this set of policies. We appreciate your valuable support and all you do for the Rodeo. We look forward to many years of success as we grow together.
“Friends of the Rodeo, Supporting the Community”
The Gold Buckle Club is the newest “Official Sponsor” of the Sheridan WYO Rodeo, joining M&M’s candies and Coca-Cola.
The Gold Buckle Club has already donated over $70,000 towards its designated causes.
We have contributed over $350,000 to improvements at the Sheridan County Fairgrounds